About READ Bhutan
Bhutan has one of the lowest literacy rates in Asia, and before READ established our first Center there, there was only one public lending library in the entire country. Bhutan was closed off from the rest of the modern world until the 1960s.
READ Global is one of the only international non-profit organizations operating in Bhutan.
Some of our most popular trainings in Bhutan include:
- Literacy programs – in partnership with the Ministry of Education
- Reading and writing groups
- Computer literacy classes
- Women’s health classes
- Community radio
- Livelihood skills trainings for women home-based workers
- Small scale business skills and management
- Women’s leadership and civic participation